Tips For The Super Spring Clean
Wave goodbye to winter and move right on into spring with a clean home and a happy living space. With the days now getting longer and weather beginning to thaw out, there is no better time to take a few hours and get your home in ship-shape to sail into better weather. And if you’re still feeling a little short on motivation, why not take your cue from our step by step guide and break the task down into more manageable chores.
1). Clear the clutter before you start cleaning
Thinking about what needs to be done can be daunting, but you can make it easier by first de-cluttering to free up floors and surfaces for easy and quicker cleaning. Keep it simple and spend as long as you choose to bag up unwanted items to give to charity, recycle or toss out unreusable items.
2). A place for everything….
Now that you have a bit more space, find a home for anything that is staying for another season. Warm weather is the perfect excuse to get that winter gear washed and stashed away. With fewer layers to weigh us down, we can march head first into Spring.
3). Clean from the top down
Start with upstairs and work your way around the house, cleaning one room at a time with extra attention to the bathroom and kitchen. To try to make it fun (try is the key word here), put on your favorite tunes and treat it as a jamming workout.
- For dusting, a clean microfiber cloth does wonders to grab dust without needing spray. It's great for radiators or any hidden areas behind furniture and in corners.
- Exterior windows will gleam and shine with a quick spray down with our 3 in 1 Pressure Washer, and if you have blinds, a quick dusting will pick up any dirt and dust that has accumulated over the months.
- Moving to the floors, reduce bending with the Shiwala Spray Mop. It swivels 360 degrees to get into tight corners and works on all floor types. When you're done, you can pop the mop head in the washer to have clean and ready for next time. For quick sweeping and corner dusting, the Lynx All In One Cleaning System allows you to quickly swap out cleaning heads to get the job done in less time.
- Even though it's a small room, the bathroom is a room we spend a lot of time in, so give it a little extra attention. Leave it looking fresh and smelling clean by investing in a new toilet brush and bowl cleaners. If your drains are slow, pop some drain cleaner down your drain holes before moving on to the next room.
- In the kitchen, the two appliances that need the most attention are the oven and fridge. If your fridge is like mine, it collects its share of drips, stains, and crumbs. Here’s how to give it a good makeover: Unload everything from the fridge, take out all the removable shelves and bins and set them aside, wipe out any loose crumbs, and spray down all the interior surfaces with a non-toxic disinfectant. Then do the same with the freezer.
- To clean your oven without toxic chemicals, spray or sponge a solution of 2 cups of hot water, 1 tablespoon of natural dish liquid and 1 teaspoon of Borax. Let it sit for 20 minutes and scrub the dried crud off and then wipe clean. For the microwave, spray a solution of two parts vinegar and one part water to clean stains. Vinegar is also great for cleaning the dishwasher and coffeemaker as well. Just run 2 cups of vinegar in the dishwasher (make sure it's empty) and 1/4 cup in the coffee maker through one cycle followed by 2 pots of water afterward.
Now doesn't your home look and smell wonderful? After a hard day of house cleaning, treat yourself to a well-earned cup of tea, kick your feet up and enjoy the sparkle and shine of a clean home.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.